The IGNOU MEC PROJECT offers the learners an opportunity for higher studies in Economics. Besides offering the core courses available in other universities, it includes themes in some of the emerging areas in economics such as insurance, finance and computer applications that are expected to be extremely useful in the present scenario of economic liberalization and globalization. In this page problems associated with the writing and presentation of IGNOU MEC PROJECT are discussed, particularly with regard to the lack of skills in research design. Here a brief outline is provided by us for understanding the concepts IGNOU MEC PROJECT, IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS and IGNOU MEC REPORT as well as of what a research proposal should ideally contain.
OBJECTIVES OF THE IGNOU MEC PROJECT | IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS | IGNOU MA ECONOMICS PROJECT
In the study, the project is considered as important part of the course. The ultimate objective of the IGNOU MEC PROJECT is to provide a decision-making tool which can be used not only for the IGNOU MA ECONOMICS PROJECT but also for demonstration purposes.
Within this framework, Synopsis and Report Work of IGNOU MEC PROJECT, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal for IGNOU MA ECONOMICS PROJECT
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
PREPARATION/FOMULATION OF IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Topics for IGNOU MEC PROJECT
MEC (Master of Arts In Economics) MECP 001 (SYNOPSIS: 8-12 PAGES, REPORT: 100-120 PAGES)
TOPICS (SAMPLES)….( AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION? Our Team of Experts are happy to help You.)
- Micro Finance Facilities and Analysing the Awareness level of people about Microfinance.
- Public policy in India: Role of Bureaucracy.
- Analytical Study about Public Policy in India.
- Importance of Rural bank in Rural Areas.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) and its impact on Rural Livelihood
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Tourism management with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Tourism management with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
The student while submitting the synopsis should also submit the bio-data of the supervisor, duly signed by the supervisor (Refer to Appendix-I).
The learner will submit the synopsis along with the bio-data of the supervisor (wherever it is required), at the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
The Study Centre/Regional Centre will then send these synopses to the Discipline of Tourism Management, IGNOU, New Delhi for necessary approval.
There will be remuneration to the Supervisor/Guide for guiding each project. He/she can claim Project Guidance remuneration using a Pro forma (Appendix-II), after final submission of the project/dissertation of the learners at the Regional Centre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU MEC REPORT and IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS Submission?
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st March
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st March
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th September
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU MEC SYNOPSIS?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- IGNOU MECP 001 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Q4. What will be the style of report writing?
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Q5. Minimum Marks to Get Pass?
Ans: The total marks for IGNOU MA ECONOMICS PROJECT is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.