IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 PROJECT REPORT AND SYNOPSIS
The objective of this programme is to provide knowledge, competence, and skills in the professional area of tourism at the Bachelor’s Degree level. This course has great importance and value in today’s time, tourism increases economic growth and development. The programme is available both in English and Hindi. Minimum Duration: 3 Years Maximum Duration: 6 Years
Objectives Of The Synopsis And Project Report At IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis or Project Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
Topics For DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report
PTS 4/5/6 (SYNOPSIS: 5-10 PAGES, REPORT: 30-50 PAGES)
TOPICS (SAMPLES)….( AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION? Our Team of Experts are happy to help You.)
- Study of Culture, Arts and Crafts in Madhya Pradesh, India
- Tourism Development & Tourism products with Special Reference to Rajasthan
- Potentials and Attractions of Pilgrimage Tourism in Delhi
- To Study of Ancient Monuments and Cultural Heritage Sites in Delhi
- Increase in Tourism of Kerala
- To Study of Carpet weaving industry of Kashmir
- A Study to Explore the Culture and Tourist Destinations in Kashmir Valley
- Historical Background of the Culture and Tradition of the Kashmiri Pandits
- To Explore the Culture and Heritage of Jammu Dogras
- To Explore the Art and Culture in Ladakh
- Rites, Rituals and Social Custom among Kashmiri Hindus of India
- The Traditional Music of Kashmir
- Instruments used with the Traditional Music of Kashmir
- Folk arts of Kashmir with Special Reference to Bhand Pather
- A Study of the Some hill Stations in the State Jammu & Kashmir
- A Study about Monuments of Kashmir
- A Study about Religious Sites of Jammu & Kashmir for Pilgrimage Tourism
- Environmental Perception of Hoteliers And other small Scale Business Units in City New Delhi
- To Study the Status and General Awareness among Peoples’ about the Green Conservation
- People’s View on Ecotourism in Bihar
- A Study to Analyze the Influence of Tourism on the Environmental Conditions in the City New Delhi
- National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries of the Jammu Region
- A Study of Explore the Flora and Fauna of the Leh Region
- To Study of Tourism Industry of Jammu with Special Reference to Ecotourism
- A Study on Conservation and Degradation of Natural Resources
- A Study of Global Warming and Climate Change in India
- A Study on Various Dimensions of Environmental Degradation, Its Impact and Awareness among People
- Ecological imbalance and Environmental Degradation: An Analytical Study
- An Analytical Study on Environmental Global Warming
- Environmental Awareness, Attitude, and Practices among Women
- A Theoretical Study of Medical Tourism
- Health Tourism in India: An Exploratory Study
- To Study of Marketing Strategies for the Development of Tourism
- Tourist Satisfaction With Itdc’s Tour Packages: A Case Study of India Tourism Development Corporation (Itdc) New Delhi
- Marketing of Adventure and Nature Tourism
- A Study of Destination Branding in the Tourism Industry
- Effect of the Internet on The Marketing of Hotels and Tour Operators in City New Delhi
- To Study the Tourism Possibilities in the Poonch Sector
- Government Policies Adopted For the Promotion of Tourism in Jammu And Kashmir
- Marketing of Tourism Destinations with Special References to Golden Triangle
- Marketing Strategies of Tour Packages: Concepts and Philosophies
- Role of Travel Agency in Promotion of Indian Tourism: A Case Study of Thomas Cook (India) Limited
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Tourism Studies with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Tourism Studies with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Tourism Studies with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
Ans: (JULY BATCH)
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th November
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st May
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th November
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies) PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- PTS 4/5/6 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Q4. How to Select Topic Wisely For IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6 Synopsis and Project Report?
Ans: The topic you choose should be interesting and have deep knowledge about that. The project should be eye-catching to the examiner. Make your project covered with all the important headlines and topic in a limited page do not exceed more than 1200 words.
- Type of data to be collected for methodology
- Tools of data collection (questionnaires, interviews)
- Sources to be used(bibliography)
- Whether to take attachment with some organizations
- Tabulation and Analysis of data
- The time frame of the study
- Cost estimates.
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Ans:The total marks of this project synopsis (IGNOU DTS (Diploma in Tourism Studies)PTS 4, PTS 5, PTS 6) is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.