This Course provides learners in-depth knowledge of the Indian patent law it enables the learners to acquire appropriate skills for the writing of the patent application. It also Develops expertise in patent search and Acquires practical knowledge of writing a patent application, opposition and defence, etc.
Objectives of the Synopsis and Project Report at IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1 Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1 Synopsis or Project Report Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Patent Practice with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Patent Practice with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Patent Practice with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
The student while submitting the synopsis should also submit the bio-data of the supervisor, duly signed by the supervisor (Refer to Appendix-I).
The learner will submit the synopsis along with the bio-data of the supervisor (wherever it is required), at the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
The Study Centre/Regional Centre will then send these synopses to the Discipline of Tourism Management, IGNOU, New Delhi for necessary approval.
There will be remuneration to the Supervisor/Guide for guiding each project. He/she can claim Project Guidance remuneration using a Pro forma (Appendix-II), after final submission of the project/dissertation of the learners at the Regional Centre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1) Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
Ans: (JULY BATCH)
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th November
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st May
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th November
Q2. What are the criteria for submission of IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1) Synopsis?
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1) Synopsis?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- MIRP 1 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Q4. How to Select Topic Wisely For IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1)?
Ans: The topic you choose should be interesting and have deep knowledge about that. The project should be eye-catching to the examiner. Make your project covered with all the important headlines and topic in a limited page do not exceed more than 1200 words.
- Type of data to be collected for methodology
- Tools of data collection (questionnaires, interviews)
- Sources to be used(bibliography)
- Whether to take attachment with some organizations
- Tabulation and Analysis of data
- The time frame of the study
- Cost estimates.
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Ans: The total marks of this project synopsis (IGNOU PGCPP (Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice) MIRP 1) is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.