Masters of Social work programme offers an opportunity to learners for higher studies in professional social work. It includes general Awareness in some of the emerging areas in social work such as globalization and migration. In a country like India needs too much of awareness in rural areas which helps to develop the country and the people of the country. The maximum and minimum duration of this course is five years and two years respectively.
Objectives of The Synopsis And Project Report at IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001 Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001, the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
Preparation/Formulation of IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001 Synopsis or Project Proposal
The learners have to choose a particular area in which they are interested in. Then in consultation with the Guide, they have to select a particular topic for their project work.
The project proposal is an outline of the detailed work to be undertaken by the learner.
The following format can be followed for preparing the project proposal
- The Title of the Proposed Project
- Background of the Study
- Literature Review
- The rationale of the Study
- Objectives of the Study
- The hypothesis of the Study If any
- Research Methodology: Sample, Tests/Tools, Statistics to be used
opics for IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001 Synopsis and Project Report
MSWP 001 (SYNOPSIS: 8-12 PAGES, REPORT: 70-100 PAGES)
- A Study to Assess the Role of Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s) in Educating and Empowering Women in District
- Role of Self Help Group in the Development of Rural Women: A Case Study of District
- Role of NGO’s Regarding the Education and Empowerment of Women in District
- Role of Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s) in Educating and Empowering Women n District
- Role of Communication for Development of Rural Women: A Study of Self Help Groups
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor is as follows:
a) From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
b) M.Phil/PhD. in Social Work with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience
c) Master’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of two years experience at Post Graduate level.
d) Master’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. What are the last dates for IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001 Synopsis and Project Report Submissions?
Ans: (JULY BATCH)
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 30th November
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 31st May
IGNOU PROPOSAL/SYNOPSIS: 31st September
IGNOU PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION: 30th November
Ans: The learner has to prepare the project proposal/synopsis and submit it at their Study Centre itself. The Program In-charge of the Study Centre will examine the proposals and give approval to it. Wherever modification is required, these will be conveyed to the learner and accordingly, the learner will resubmit it to the study center with necessary modifications.
The project proposal should be submitted in A4 size paper typed in double space along with a consent letter of the Guide (Appendix II) and the pro forma for approval (Appendix III). The learner is advised to retain a copy of the synopsis. Proposals not accompanying the above papers will not be considered for approval. Please submit a proposal before the last date of submission.
Q3. What are some important points to remember during submission of the IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001 Synopsis?
- Submit only one copy of the Project Proposal, and keep a copy with you.
- MSWP 001 should be written prominently on the envelope and should be submitted at the Study Centre.
- Ensure the inclusion of the following while submitting the proposal:
- Pro forma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both, the learner and the guide/supervisor.
- Detailed Bio-data of the Supervisor/Guide duly signed by him/her (in the case where the Academic Counselor is not the Guide).
- Consent letter of the Supervisor/Guide.
- Synopsis of the Project.
Ans: The topic you choose should be interesting and have deep knowledge about that. The project should be eye-catching to the examiner. Make your project covered with all the important headlines and topic in a limited page do not exceed more than 1200 words.
- Type of data to be collected for methodology
- Tools of data collection (questionnaires, interviews)
- Sources to be used(bibliography)
- Whether to take attachment with some organizations
- Tabulation and Analysis of data
- The time frame of the study
- Cost estimates.
Ans: The project should be creative and logical. Use simple words whenever possible and the language should be straight forward and Good. Avoid using abbreviation like (&, b/w, etc). The tense in the report matters a lot it should be present tense.
Ans: The total marks of this project synopsis (IGNOU MSW (Masters of Social Work) MSWP 001) is 100. To get pass, we should obtain minimum 40% out of 100.